Setup and operating instructions for Wndsn distance tools and related items.
Wndsn MIL/MOA Distance Calculator
A tool for rangefinding, the Wndsn MIL/MOA Distance Calculator enables you to take out the guess work of gauging distance, enabling accurate range estimation and eliminating mental calculation errors while under stress. Simply input the MIL or MOA as read in your reticle and you'll have the distance to the object of known height, all by aligning the provided string across the scales.
How to set it up
To install, knot the string through the provided hole. You can make a knot at the end or a loop to hold onto the string and keep it taut across the scales.
Accuracy is determined by two elements:
- The reading of the scale and approximation of the corresponding mark
- The estimation of the height of the measured object
For training and reference purposes, you may want to create a table of the exact height of common objects.
Note that you can measure in any unit (cm, in, ft) or system (metric, imperial, custom), the factors are always the same and return your distance in the same unit you used to approximate the object measured.
- Torso height: 1 m; we read on the D scale a distance of 200 m.
- Torso height: 1 yd; we read on the D scale a distance of 200 yd.
- Torso height: 3 ft; we read on the D scale a distance of 600 ft.
Q: Can I measure the width instead of the height of an object?
You can measure any dimension; width, height, etc., as long as it's on a plane that is perpendicular to you, the trigonometry doesn't care where in space the triangle is located.
- Wndsn: Accuracy vs. Precision
- Wndsn: Simple Navigation
- Wndsn High-Precision Distance (Rangefinding) Calculator